Today, a Windows user is very lucky to have such a wide eco-system of freeware that help organize our daily work and other various tasks on our computer. Though these applications are considered as useful, installing too many of them have their own demerits. For instance, you have to spend hours, searching for a program through the never-ending Windows start-menu. Moreover, these applications can slow down your computer, thereby affecting its performance. So, to find a tool that could simply ease and optimize your daily work flow becomes a priority for many users.
Executor is a multi-purpose launcher that searches different files, folders, documents, images, etc instantly. It enables you to add keywords for different file, folder shortcuts, etc, for quicker access. Of course, already there have been many programs like this available before however, each had its annoyance or some missing features. It acts as a more advanced and customizable version of Windows Run box.
How to use Executor
- Download the program and install it onto your computer
- Once installed, the program resides as a small icon in the system tray
- Upon launch, Executor prompts you to choose the desired IDE, which includes several fascinating interfaces
- Select the desired interface and click on ‘OK’.
By default, Executor indexes all Desktop and Start Menu items and you can easily extend the scope of the search by adding additional folder locations. Besides, you can even add your own keyword commands to launch applications, access Windows features, open documents and run web searches.
- Auto-completion for keywords, file system and history (can also be configured)
- URL detection, Enter URLs directly like for example, www.thegeeksclub.com, thegeeksclub.com or http://www.thegeeksclub.com.
- Ability to add your own paths to scan for user defined file extensions
- Customizable layout, Set colors, font, dimensions, position, transparency and more
- Skinable, Supports alpha blending effects and free positioning of all elements
- Many settings to customize the program as you like
- A number of special commands (like for example pause and replace tag with parameter)
- Shortcut keys for faster navigation
- Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2003, 2000
- Limited functionality under 64-bit OS
In all, Executor is a good program that offers a lot of customization; you can change the appearance by using different skins, and tweak the search and indexing features to your preference.