In case you need to analyze your Windows PC in order to know what applications that has been running on it in the past, freeware ExecutedProgramsList is a free tool that will do just that for you. ExecutedProgramsList is a simple, user-friendly software with the help of which you can analyze the apps and find out what applications has been running on your system. There is simply no expertise required to use this freeware, even a beginner level user with basic knowledge of PC can use this software.
Display Executed Programs List
The basic function of ExecutedProgramsList freeware is to display the list of apps and batch files that have previously run on your PC. ExecutedProgramsList has many features that can help the user to analyze the apps and get the most of the information about the past applications that had worked on the system. Some of these features are as follows:
- Portability: In order to analyze the apps, ExecutedProgramsList can run from any folder where it is being stored. It does not need any installation and since it is portable it can easily be carried away anywhere. You can copy it to any device and can directly run it from there to get the required information.
- App Information: As soon as you run ExecutedProgramsList, a list will be displayed showing all the applications that had run on the system in the past together with other information like file size, attributes and description, product version etc. with the date when the application was run last
- Export: Using Find function you can search for a certain program and export it to TXT, CSV, HTML, HTM or XML files, in order to analyze it later.
- Report: If required you can create an HTML report with all the entries in ExecutedProgramsList list so that later you can run that report and take some information from it in future.
There are server Registry Keys that store the information about the programs that were being executed on the system previously. These are as follows-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Persisted
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store
There are two ways that can help you to view the previous programs that was running on your system. First one is go and check Windows Registry and Prefetch data manually and the second one is to use this software ‘ExecutedProgramsList’ to analyze the apps. All you need to do is to just download the software from its home page, and start using it by running the .exe file. You can save or copy the selected items, view the properties of it and get all the related information of each and every applications present in the list.