We all use various ways to enhance security of our operating system. If your system is subjected to various removable disks in a day, then it becomes the matter of primary concern that you should use a good backup and a smart security suite to tackles threats on your system. Recently, a popular security company ESET has released its SysRescue Live bootable CD/USB. It is a free utility that allows you to create a bootable rescue CD/DVD or USB Drive. You can boot an infected computer from your rescue media to scan for malware and clean infected files.
ESET SysRescue Live
Now lets see how ESET SysRescue Live works:
1. Download ESET Live USB Creator from the here. Additional files will be downloaded during installation on a portable device.
2. Run ESET Live USB Creator and select Create USB drive or Create CD/DVD.
3. Select the type of media you want to create and confirm the operation.
4. Wait until ESET SysRescue Live gets installed on your portable device you have chosen in the previous step.
5. The message “ESET SysRescue has been successfully created.” will be displayed when ESET SysRescue Live installation is complete.
6. When your ESET SysRescue Live media is ready, remove it from your computer and store it in a safe place. You can now use ESET SysRescue Live on an infected machine.
7. To start ESET SysRescue on an infected system, you can change its boot order so that computer boot to USB first. Plug the ESET SysRescue Live media and you’ll see following screen. Select Run ESET SysRescue.
Following are the highlights of ESET SysRescue Live:
- New: Drive is usable on multiple machines
- New: Creator application
- New: USB rescue drive
- New: Linux based Live System
- Improved: Downloading and writing the ISO image
- Improved: Creating multiple copies
- Improved: Running several applications
- Improved: On-demand and boot sector scanning
This freeware works for all Windows operating system in both 32-bit and 64-bit configuration. It also works on Microsoft Windows Server 2000, 2003 (x86 and x64), 2008 (x86 and x64), 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2.
Go here if you want to have a look at Free Bootable AntiVirus Rescue CDs for Windows.