Emsisoft has released Emsisoft Emergency Kit 2.0, the first portable malware scanner, with a dual scan engine. It contains a collection of programs that can be used without a software installation to scan and clean infected computers for malware, using its well-known scan engine.
Many a times, apart from having our security software installed on our Windows computers, we do feel the need for another stand-alone malware scanner, to get a second opinion. Using this tool you can scan your Windows PC for for Viruses, Trojans, Spyware, Adware, Worms, Dialers, Keyloggers and other malware. If you are looking out for one, you might want to download and check out this feature-rich free offering from Emsisoft.
The features of Emsisoft Emergency Kit are:
- Free portable and complete package against malware infections.
- The only free dual-engine malware scanner which has been winning awards in numerous tests.
- Up to 450 percent faster scans thanks to optimization for multi-core systems and the completely revised scanner unit.
- Less consumption of resources through efficient programming.
- Improved rootkit detection thanks to Direct Disk Access scan mode. Both the classic file-based rootkits such as TDL-3 and ZeroAcces as well as increasingly popular Master Book Records infectors such as TDL-4 and Sinowal are detected and removed.
- A new internal evaluation system means significantly fewer false alerts in practice.
Emsisoft Emergency Kit 2.0 consists of the following components:
- Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scanner: The malware scanner uses the established Emsisoft Anti-Malware scanner along side its GUI. The program detects more than five million parasites with its dual-scan engine.
- Emsisoft Commandline Scanner: This scanner features the same functions as the Emergency Kit Scanner, but without the GUI. It is controlled instead by the command line parameters. Professional users can integrate the program into automatic batch actions in an efficient manner.
- Emsisoft HiJackFree: Experienced users can use this tool to detect and remove malware in a targeted manner. It is possible to take full control of the PC to directly access all active processes, drivers, services, autoruns and open ports.
- Emsisoft BlitzBlank: It is not always possible to simply delete malware during operation. BlitzBlank puts things right and removes files, registry entries and drivers while booting up before Windows or any other program is loaded.
Emsisoft Emergency Kit is free for private use and you can download it from here.