Google has announced the release of their latest stable version of Google Chrome v 8.0.552.215 browser for Windows, Mac and Linux.
This release includes a built in PDF reader and support for the Chrome Web Store, along with over 800 bug fixes and stability improvements.
- Cross-origin video theft with canvas.
- Browser crash with HTML5 databases.
- Prevent excessive file dialogs, possibly leading to browser crash.
- Possible pop-up blocker bypass.
- Use after free in history handling.
- Browser crash with HTTP proxy authentication
- Out-of-bounds read regression in WebM video support.
- Crash due to bad indexing with malformed video.
- Double free in XPath handling
- Possible browser memory corruption via malicious privileged extension.
- Use after free with SVG animations.
- Use after free in mouse dragging event handling.
You can update your Chrome to v 8.0 by going to Tools > About Google Chrome.
You can download and install Chrome from its Home Page or you can download its offline stand-alone installers.
- Download Google Chrome 8 Offline Installer for Windows
- Download Google Chrome 8 Offline Installer for Mac
- Download Google Chrome 8 Offline Installer for Linux.