Windows 8.1 users have the new slide show feature for their Lock Screen. The Lock Screen slide show plays beautiful panning and animation of images, and it works great, if you have high resolution wallpaper collection on your system. However, if you find that even after configuring the slide show, Lock Screen not plays it, then you must reset the settings and re-configure the slide show.
In this article, we’ll discuss about deactivating the slide show presentation when you’re on battery or non-charging mode in case of laptops. If you’re on battery and then slide show will play and the time for which it plays, laptop eats up the battery power. So, if you deactivate the slide show on battery, then laptop will go to sleep mode earlier, and thus we can save some power which would have been wasted in playing slide show.
Disable Lock Screen Slide Show when on Battery
1. Press Windows Key + I on Desktop, click Change PC Settings in Settings charm.
2. Above step will take you to the Lock Screen section, where you can make setup the slide show. Here, in the right hand pane, look for the option Play a slide show when using battery slider and set this to Off (move the slider to left).
Finally make a restartand you won’t be longer have Lock Screen slide show on non-charging mode.
Disable Lock Screen Slide Show On Battery Using Registry
1. Press Windows Key + R combination, type put Regedt32.exe in Run dialog box and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.
2. Navigate to the following location:
3. In the right pane of this location, look for the DWORD named SlideShowEnabledOnBatttery. If you didn’t find it, right click onblank space and select New -> DWORD Value and rename it to SlideShowEnabledOnBatttery. Now double click on the same DWORD to get this:
4. In the above shown box, put the Value data equals to 0 in order to disable the Lock Screen slide show. Click OK. You may now close the Registry Editor and reboot to get the results.
Trust it works for you!