Every writer is required to check his/her work for duplicate content before uploading and publishing it online. This is because being accused of plagiarism is one of the situation a writer fears most. Though it could also be accidental and purely unintentional, posting the same content or ideas without crediting is considered as plagiarism and therefore may put you in trouble.
Plagiarism Checker Software
With Desktop Plagiarism Checker, you can avoid such unwanted embarrassments and accusations. The free plagiarism checker allows you to run your research papers on the plagiarism tool to make sure there is no highlighted duplicate content. The freeware offers to search on popular search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo!, etc.
The software will also be useful to bloggers, who may want to check if their article have been copied or plagiarised by others. If you do find that your content has been copied, you may want to see this post.
How to use Desktop Plagiarism Checker
- Simply paste the content to be checked into one of the two tabs of the program and select any one of the above mentioned search engines to search for duplicate content on the Internet.
- It is also possible to load a text file (doc, txt, htm, pdf, odt, rtf, etc.) into the program to search for the file’s contents instead
- Click on the ‘Check Duplicate Content’ tab to perform a quick search for any duplicate content
- Each sentence is analyzed thoroughly and once the search is complete results are displayed in a new program window
- You can then introduce the necessary changes after finding any sort of plagiarism in your papers thereby avoiding any chance of submitting stolen content
- Avoids plagiarism and detects duplicate content
- Supports multiple languages (190+)
- Checks the originality of your content
- Compatible with Windows
- Only the root domain name is displayed in the results window
- Checking online for duplicate content is only one of the ways the program can be used
You can download Dektop Plagiarism Checker for Windows from its home page; but do note that before you can access the free service, it is essential to sign-up for it first.
You also definitely want to check out this post on What To Do If Your Online Content Is Stolen.