Network Monitor from Microsoft, is a protocol analyzer. It allows you to capture network traffic, view and analyze it. Version 3.4 is an update and Network Monitor 3.x is a complete overhaul of the previous Network Monitor 2.x version.
The Network Monitor core engine has been decoupled from the parser set.
To install the full Network Monitor 3.4 product:
- Run the setup.exe for the platform you are installing.
- You will be prompted first to install the core engine. Follow the installation directions. Make sure you close existing instances of netmon.exe, nmcap.exe and any running NMAPI applications.
- Next you will be prompted to install the parser package. Follow the installation directions.
To uninstall the full Network Monitor 3.4 product:
- Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel
- Uninstall both Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4 and Microsoft Network Monitor: NetworkMonitor Parsers 3.4
Download Page: Microsoft.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 x64 Edition; Windows Server 2008; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Server 2008 R2 for Itanium-based Systems; Windows Vista 64-bit Editions Service Pack 1; Windows Vista Service Pack 1; Windows XP 64-bit; Windows XP Service Pack 3