CamStudio is a free desktop video screen recorder software for the Windows operating system. This Video Screen Capture freeware is able to record all screen and audio activity on your computer and create industry-standard AVI video files and using its built-in SWF Producer can turn those AVIs into lean, mean, bandwidth-friendly Streaming Flash videos (SWFs).
Free desktop video screen recorder
- You can use it to create demonstration videos for any software program
- Or how about creating a set of videos answering your most frequently asked questions?
- You can create video tutorials for school or college class
- You can use it to record a recurring problem with your computer so you can show technical support people
- You can use it to create video-based information products you can sell
- You can even use it to record new tricks and techniques you discover on your favorite software program, before you forget them
CamStudio can also add high-quality, anti-aliased screen captions to your recordings in seconds and with the unique Video Annotation feature you can even personalize your videos by including a webcam movie of yourself “picture-in-picture” over your desktop.