Having to remove all the inbox email messages manually is not a good option. Wouldn’t it just be great if you have an application at hand that dismisses all the read messages automatically, when you no more need them and send the desired messages at a set interval of date and time in the future? Yes, Boomerang – a Gmail scheduling tool gets the job done for you!
Boomerang for Gmail
Boomerang is a small plug-in that fits easily into the Gmail user interface to enable easy, faster and more efficient emailing. Like most other Gmail plug-ins, this too requires access to your email data to move and send messages. One does not has to be online in order to schedule your emails.
How to use Boomerang for Gmail
- Download the application
- Click ‘Allow’ in the top-right corner of your Firefox (or Chrome) browser window.
- In the new window (Software Installation) that appears on the screen, click ‘Install Now’
- Click ‘Restart Firefox’ to complete the installation
- After all the changes are saved and installation completed, you will notice a Boomerang link in the top-right corner of your Gmail screen
Now, whenever you read a message in your box you will observe a ‘Boomerang’ button. A ‘Send Later’ button will also appear when you are composing a new message. The program is compatible with browsers such as Firefox and Chrome only.
- Write and deliver messages at scheduled time, no need to have an Internet connection.
- Schedules messages to automatically return to the top of your inbox at a later time, so that no messages ever falls through the cracks
- Reminds you to follow-up with people who don’t respond within a certain amount of time
The basic version of Boomerang is free for use. The free version of Boomerang allows 10 message credits per month. It supports Gmail or Google Apps. It offers the option to send your mails later and offers Boomerang Reminders. For additional features, you have to pay and upgrade to premium plans.
As mentioned in the features, the plus point and the real selling point of Boomerang is its scheduled sending email option that sends message at the right time.