SmartClose is a free program that automates the process of closing all running programs. It can also save the state of the system to a system snapshot, so all the programs that have been closed can be easily restarted later by SmartClose.
Lets say that for some reason you need to close down all the open program and do something; and on completing the task, need to go back to the state with all the programs open. In such a case you will find this app to be of great help as it can also create snap-shots of your computer state.
- Two wizards: the Close Programs wizard, for closing all the programs, and the Restore wizard, to restore a system snapshot. Both provide an intuitive and clear interface, and assist you step by step.
- Thanks to its SmartClose-technology, most programs can be properly closed, so that the program can still save its settings and return memory and resources to the system.
- In the rare cases that a program can’t be properly closed, SmartClose can use SmartKill to kill the program. Still, all the memory and resources used by the program will be freed.
- If you don’t want a program to be closed or killed by SmartClose, you can add it to a list of ‘Protected Programs’.
- Besides closing programs, SmartClose also closes Explorer and Internet Explorer windows and saves their current location, so they can be restored properly later.
- Disables and restores the screen saver.
- On modern Windows versions, SmartClose stops and restarts Windows services that can interrupt other processes, such as the Task Scheduler.
Works fine on Windows 7 & Vista too!
CloseAll may also interest you!