The Administrative Templates (.admx files) for Windows 10 Creators Update are now available for download the Microsoft Download Center. The Administrative templates for Windows 10 Creators Update support Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, Windows Server 2008, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 and Windows 10. Group Policy Object Editor in versions prior to Server 2008 and Windows Vista are unable to display ADMX files.
Administrative Templates for Windows 10 v1703
Group Policy tools use Administrative template files to populate policy settings in the user interface. This allows administrators to manage registry-based policy settings.
Introduced in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista, ADMX files (Administrative Templates) are used by Group Policy in Windows. These are XML-based files and come with an .admx extension. These files help users/administrators to manage registry-based group policy settings on their Windows PCs and also allows administrators to manage registry-based policy settings.
To download Administrative Templates .admx files for Windows 10 Creators Update:
- Click on the Download button to download the .msi file containing the .admx files.
- Click Save in the File Download dialog box.
- Browse the directory and select the location where you want to save your .msi file.
- Click Save and file starts downloading.
- Run the .msi installer to install the Administrative Templates on your PC once you are done with the download.
The Administrative Templates are released in 13 different languages which are Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English, French, Hungarian, Japanese, Spanish, Korean, Finnish, Italian, and Norwegian. This download contains many files and you may need to select the files you need once you click on the Download button.
Thanks @DeploymentMX and @AdamFowler_IT.