Windows Live SkyDrive is part of Microsoft’s Windows Live online services. SkyDrive is a file storage and sharing service that allows users to upload files to the computing cloud, then access them from a web browser.
To access it however, you have to use your browser. SkyDrive Explorer however lets you access it easily. It is a free, easy-to-use, but very powerful extension for Windows Explorer.
With SkyDrive Explorer you can make any every-day operations with your documents from Microsoft Live SkyDrive™ service using Windows Explorer, as if they were on your computer.
Moreover you don’t need to install and configure any additional programs or ActiveX components. SkyDrive Explorer will organize the interaction with the online storage itself.
SkyDrive Explorer works both in 32- and 64-bit Microsoft® Windows OS. Minimal required OS is Windows XP, and SkyDrive Explorer will successfully work in Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and 2008, and Windows 7.
– View the structure and contents of folders in SkyDrive™;
– View files information (type, size, creation date in GMT format);
– Create new root folders and sub-folders;
– Copy files into the storage;
– Delete files and folders;
– Copy files from the storage to the computer;
– Copy folders and sub-folders from the storage to the computer keeping their structure;
– Use Drag & Drop for files operations;
– Rename files and folders;
– Create links to SkyDrive™ folders on your computer;
– Copy URL of the selected object(s) to the Clipboard.
Visit SkyDrive Explorer HomePage.