We have seen how to pin website shortcuts to Windows 7 taskbar and start menu. This post shows you an easy way to add Jumplist items like Tasks and Custom Categories, to your WordPress blog, for Internet Explorer 9.
IE9 Pinned Site is a WordPress addin that adds support for Internet Explorer 9 pinned sites features to a WordPress blog.
Pinned Site is a feature provided to web developers by Internet Explorer 9 which allows developers to integrate their web sites to Windows 7 desktop. A pinned site, that is dragged from Internet Explorer 9 to Windows 7 taskbar, can interact with the user using taskbar jump list, thumbnail toolbar and overlay icons.
This plugin allows a WordPress site to have all pinned site features, that is:
- Pinned site name, tooltip and startup url entries
- Jump list entries for new post entry, comment moderation and file upload
- Jump list entries for every page defined in WordPress site
- Custom jump list entries of post, categories or tags
- Download and unzip the plugin, then upload the entire ie9-pinned-site directory to the /wp-content/plugins directory; or simply upload the zip file if you use WordPress 2.7 or newer
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress Go to Settings > IE9 Pinned Site
- Enter the values in the text boxes.
- Save your changes.
Well if you are not running a WordPress blog or if you want to learn how to do it manually, you might want to check out this blog post at WindowsValley.